JENN: Did you run at all this week?
MOON: Hmm, I think another mile? The progress is rather slow over here…
JENN: Hey, that’s one more mile than a lot of people manage!
MOON: Yes, but about 25 less than I usually do… XD I have been hunting for half marathons for the late summer, though!
JENN: Any prospects?
MOON: Hmm, there was one in Chicago that caught my eye. I think that was early september. I might have to go out there for school things, so it would be the two birds one stone idiom, right?
MOON: Did you run?
JENN: Yup, I got ’em in there. One session was pretty bad, but another was pretty darn good, so hooray for averages! I’m still not as fast as I’ve been in the past, but baby steps.
I THINK I might try running outside once this week, see how that goes for me. Hopefully it’s warm enough to prevent lung rebellion.
MOON: It’s great outside! A little chilly for just hanging out, but perfect for a run.
JENN: Awesome. Here’s hoping.
Any good music happening in your earspace of late?
MOON: Actually, yes! It’s been about half melancholy and half electronicdancedancedance.
|DANCE DANCE DANCE|
JENN: Haha, that can be a good motivator for runs! I spent 40 minutes of my last run listening to the Rolling Stones’ “Gimme Shelter” on repeat. Liz and I watched that 20 Feet From Stardom documentary last weekend and I got totally sucked into that song. They’re right, the backup vocals are mesmerizing.
You know what else is mesmerizing? Other people’s blogs.
– Find your ideal running shoe with Run Eat Repeat.
– Refinery29 brings in a nutritionist to debunk diet myths. Hooray for carbohydrates! 😀
– Avoid post-race sickness with Running, Loving, Living.
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW considers the best resort selections for runDisney denizens.
– Incorporate some post-run yoga into your routine with Running at Disney.
– My No-Guilt Life has the scoop on that new Castaway Cay 5K challenge.
– Food Fitness Fantasy rightly rails against the weirdness that shows up at girl-centric races.
– Check out this fun runner’s scavenger hunt with Fairytales and Fitness.
– Follow a runDisney first-timer with MousePlanet.
– Home is Where the Mouse is has DISNEY CUPCAKES.
– Jack Spence of All Ears mourns little changes at WDW.
– Rolling with the Magic highlights the music of Future World.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!