Did anyone watch Disney’s live stream of the Main Street Electrical Parade on Sunday night? I did, and was both distressed and baffled by their decision to cut away halfway through the parade and start talking to random park visitors about, like, their favorite to snack to eat while watching the parade or whatever. I thought for sure they’d cut back to the parade where they left off but NO; they SKIPPED a whole chunk of it. WTF? I missed the donkey boys! 🙁 A truly ludicrous occurrence and I’m still kinda sad about it.
First world problems aside, here’s how my training went last week:
Sunday | rest
Monday | ran 17.35 miles on the treadmill in 3:00 hours like a BOSS
My prep run for the National Capital 20 Miler next month; my goal was 16 miles but in the back of my mind I knew I wanted 17. Annnnnd I did it! Click here to find out how I managed to make it happen without dying of dread and/or boredom.
Tuesday | walked 2.12 miles outside in 35 minutes
Wednesday | ran 10.05 miles outside in 1:50
My hip was just a touch sore after Monday’s long run, but nothing I couldn’t handle. I may grab some KT Tape and slap it on for my upcoming races as a precautionary measure.
Thursday | walked 2.12 miles outside in 35 minutes
Either that, or I went back in time and did Tuesday’s walk again. Hard to be sure.
Friday | ran 4.42 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes
Saturday | rest
So that’s my thing. How have your guys been doing?
Anyway, now for the roundup.
– Flowers Croon refuses to be bored on a run.
– Magic of Running is an environmentally conscious pavement-pounder.
– Half Crazy Mama makes an awesome Buzz Lightyear running costumes.
– Living A Disney Life warns against Disney trip snafus.
– Disney Tourist Blog nails why Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot would be a Very Bad Thing.
– Main Street Gazette terrifies me with details of The Great Movie Ride’s Alien section.
– Mouse on the Mind offers more WDW apartment listings I wish were real.
– Rolling with the Magic visits The Ganachery at Disney Springs. Gotta go soon!
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!