Well, I did it, kids – I signed up for a new gym. It’s a little farther from home than I’d like, but it could hardly be any cheaper, so… call it a wash?
I’ve only joined so far, though – no uses yet, since the weather was cooperative last week. Dare I suggest that I’ve become an outdoor runner? Blasphemy! Let’s check the logs:
Sunday | ran 9.23 miles on Assateague Island in 1:35
A tale of ponies, trails, and bug bites. Ah, memories.
Monday | walked 2.12 miles in 35 minutes; 50 minute Horton jazz dance class
Tuesday | ran 7.04 miles outside in 1:15
Wednesday | walked 2.37 miles in 40 minutes; 40 minute hip hop dance class
I would’ve hipped (and hopped, presumably) longer, but the apocalyptic hellscape that is the capital beltway during a particularly heinous rush hour made me late. CURSE YOU, DC.
Thursday | ran 5.68 miles outside in 60 minutes
Friday | ran 5.59 miles outside in 60 minutes
Saturday | rest
Dropped my phone in the toilet and both it and I lived to tell the tale. Let that give hope to the similarly beleaguered (AND TURN THAT SUCKER OFF IMMEDIATELY).
Anyway. More on my new gym experience in a later post, once I’ve, y’know, actually experienced it.
|Yeah, seems likely.|
Roundup, take us out.
– Half Crazy Mama offers some marathon don’ts.
– The Magic of Running points out that running with headphones ain’t all bad.
– Crazy excited for your first runDisney race? Duh. The Runner’s Guide to WDW knows how to tame that nervous energy.
– Jambo Everyone reveals that DAK will soon welcome tiger cubs!!!
– Speaking of DAK, The Main Street Gazette enjoys the Wild Africa Trek.
– Disney In Your Day enjoys an evening perusing WDW’s BoardWalk area.
– This Fairytale Life has the scoop on Lularoe’s latest Disney designs.
– For those who are carting kids around WDW, Adventures in Familyhood knows how to find a sitter or similar on property.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!