Man, I am a dedicated runner. Skip to Saturday of this week’s training log to plunge into the depths of my devotion.
Sunday | ran 10.27 miles outside in 1:50
Monday | walked 2.15 miles outside; 50 minute Horton jazz dance class
Tuesday | ran 5.58 miles outside in 60 minutes
Wednesday | walked 2.06 miles outside in 35 minutes
Thursday | ran 5.57 miles outside in 60 minutes
Friday | ran 5.56 miles outside in 60 minutes
Saturday | rest, although I walked a lot
Okay, here’s where I prove that I am a Serious Runner. I attended a bachelorette party on Saturday. Naturally this involved a fair amount of alcohol, and I did not abstain. BUT. I knew I wanted to go for a long run the next day. I managed to stop drinking early and start hydrating instead; I pounded water, skipped the 3am pizza, and chose a carb- and protein-rich breakfast the next morning. In fact, I did such a spectacular job of pacing myself and listening to my body that you could argue I didn’t properly enter into the spirit of the thing…
ALSO. This isn’t related but I have to share in case anyone can relate to the struggle and the incredible rarity of triumph: I was meeting the rest of the party in Georgetown and they were late, so I killed some time with a bit of browsing at Zara. Where I found JEANS… that LOOK GOOD… that at the same time ARE COMFORTABLE… ON SALE. So basically I’ve used up my miracle for the year.
In Disney news, Be Our Guest breakfast ADRs are a tough get. I have an 8am reservation for the designated morning in my back pocket but I’d really prefer something later and weeks of trying have come up empty. There’re still many months to try but damn.
– Elbowglitter avoids training injuries.
– WDW for Grownups reiterations the important of running fuel and hydration.
– easyWDW reviews the new refurbished rooms at Pop Century and WOW.
– A Pinch of Pixie Dust reviews those adorable Frozen cupcakes from Kringla Bakery.
– Living A Disney Life warns everyone off the Peoplemover. (MINE!!)
– The Disney Tourist Blog considers the implications of all the construction going on at WDW.
– Disney In Your Day puts together a WDW girls trip.
– You know Disney Travel Babble will give you an honest review of Disneyland’s new MaxPass thing.
– Parkeology offers a survival guide for the inevitable closing of attractions. (All attractions must die.)
– The Main Street Gazette daydreams a new life for River Country.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!