Awww, man. No more post-marathon break time. Although I did allow myself a slightly reduced ramp-up week. Roll tape:
Sunday | ran 5.27 miles on the treadmill in 60 minutes
I was still in NYC for a conference; the hotel gym sucked and the treadmill kept shocking me, but I hopped back on that horse. Also I got to hang out with the super-awesome Estelle and her husband and we had empanadas and craft beer and it was amazing. 😀
Monday | 5.27 miles on the treadmill in 60 minutes
How’s that for consistency?
AND! I went to the NYC Disney Store on my way back to the train station and subsequently talked myself out of and then into buying the cutest Mickey and Minnie tank top. It was a glorious Twitter saga involving need vs. want, sale prices, and adorable victory. I’m mad at myself for not taking more photos so I could blog it, honestly. Next time!
AND AND! The NYC Macy’s is as big as you’ve ever seen. For example, here is approximately half the cosmetics section:
Tuesday | walked 2.28 miles outside in 40 minutes; 65 minute ballet class
Back home. Meh.
Wednesday | ran 5.12 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes
First speed run in… in… uh, a long time, certainly.
Thursday | walked 2.27 miles outside in 40 minutes; 65 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 5.32 miles outside 55 minutes
First outdoor run since the marathon! It was a delightful 25 degrees, and I saw a dude running in shorts. COME ON.
Saturday | rest
I dunno, guys. I’m tired. My next WDW trip isn’t until November. I need hope and inspiration!
Here’s what I do have: some possible races on my radar. Some new Disney running gear coming in the mail (!). And the certainty that when the Wine & Dine registration window opens, I’ll be right there to sign up.
Oh, and I have the roundup, of course:
– Running, Loving, Living offers a survey of her favorite running fuel.
– Through Heather’s Looking Glass as the dl on how this whole Fabletics thing works if you’re curious.
– Disney Adulting knows how to boost your Buzz Lightyear score.
– EPBOT visits Figment at Epcot’s Festival of the Arts.
– Gluten Free & Dairy Free In WDW begins a survey of the festival’s best gluten-free offerings.
– Disney In Your Day publishes the definitive list of DAK’s best snacks.
– The Disney Tourist Blog reviews The Edison at Disney Springs. I can’t wait to go back!
– Disney Nerds begins a primer on visiting Shanhai Disneyland.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!