I recently read that endurance athletes require MORE sleep than the average person. In this way I have not been optimizing my training as a runner. Do not follow my example re: sleep.
However, I am not without redeeming qualities. For example, I have found a new way to adapt to running in the cold! Do you like to mess with your music while you run, but your supply of touch-sensitive gloves is limited? You only need one designated tech hand – split the touch pair, stick a regular glove on your non-tech hand, and voila! You just doubled your inventory!
Anyway. So life continues to be a mixed bag. Workout log, whatcha got for us?
Sunday | rest
Having just completed a 17 mile run the Friday before, I decided to give my body an extra recovery day.
Monday | 55 minute ballet class
I woke up early to run but I was unimpressed with the snow-rain-slush on the roads so I went back to bed. And then it rained all day so I never got a walk in.
Tuesday | ran 7.11 miles outside in 1:15
STILL raining but it was too warm for ice so I sucked it up and went out anyway.
Wednesday | ran 7.33 miles outside in 1:15
Thursday | walked 2.08 miles outside in 35 minutes; 55 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 7.12 miles outside in 1:10
Saturday | rest
And now for the roundup:
– Just Me & My Running shoes offers more and better cold weather running tips.
– Sensible Stylista talks running your first 5K.
– Sparkly Runner and Magic Of Running recap my beloved WDW Marathon.
– The Disney Tourist Blog checks out club level at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. WANT!
– Disney Every Day imparts the VITAL information of where you can find Kevin in DAK.
– Disney Travel Babble threw another SWEET party in Epcot!
– WDW For Grownups has brunch at Homecomin’ in Disney Springs.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!