Sorry about this whole day late thing! I had yesterday off and wound up getting in a REALLY long run – but that’s this week’s training, not last week’s, so more on that later.
Speaking of this week’s training, if you follow us (mostly me) on Twitter you may have suffered through a fair amount of me kvetching all last week about the broken treadmills in my apartment’s gym. Yes. BOTH broke at the same time. I had to do THREE of my runs outdoors. I know I already touched on the subject once, but I think this week is going to have to include another treadmill vs. outdoors post, with multi-pronged arguments and charts. Okay, not charts. Probably.
Anyway, the treadmills were finally both fixed by Thursday, just in time to save me from the outdoor-run-ruining DELUGE of rain that assaulted the Baltimore-Washington area for many, many days. Thank God for small miracles, at least!
|Ah… sweet treadmill.|
Let’s see… musically… um… I’ve been digging on Flogging Molly’s “This Present State of Grace” lately. Um… This music segment was a lot more fun when Moon was involved. Which reminds me! Her mom is, in fact, responding to treatment! So hopefully Moon will be around more again soon!
b < — (This comes to you direct from my cat Minx. She likes to walk across my keyboard. Repeatedly. Even when she has other path alternatives.)
|Same to you, bucko.|
Thank you for that valuable insight, Minxie. On to the roundup!
– Sarah at Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free in WDW ran her first runDisney 5K! Yay!
– The Disney Parks Blog just announced a running store opening at Downtown Disney! WE MUST VISIT.
– Prairie Princess Runners has the scoop on how to prevent melting away in your runDisney race costume – including a segment on running with makeup! (We here at FROA talk about that here.)
– Live, Run, Grow discusses the fine art of the ice bath.
– Sarah of Running at Disney got to run at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort!
– Running, Loving, Living drives home the importance of the proper sneaker.
– I Run for Cookies shares my ire over this silly anti-slow movement that keeps popping up.
– And finally, Margaritas, Miles, and the Mouse shares the most apropos “Hey girl” ever.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!