Last week I did something that will amaze some of you: I ran twenty miles for the first time. That’s not the amazing part. I did it on the treadmill. And what’s more, I didn’t hate it! In fact, I was perfectly cheerful about the whole thing; it wasn’t a hard slog at all. More on my treadmill strategy later this week!
Of course, what did turn out to be a hard slog would be my subsequent two runs of the week. Those twenty-milers kinda cook you a little, no? Anyone have any interesting advice or anecdotes about their loooooooooooong runs?
But I was rewarded on Friday with a completely different kind of workout: traipsing around a theme park! No, sadly, not a Disney park, but the best I can do locally – Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I even braved a vertical drop coaster (good times!) and my first real haunted house ever (WHY?????). More on that later this week too.
Speaking of Disney parks: I KNOW that the Avatar announcement was made. I know it’s pretty much definitely going to happen now. I know that I need to read all the details to keep up to date on Disney parks, my favorite things ever. I just… I don’t want to talk about it, okay? I… I don’t want to talk about it.
So let’s forget that ever happened. On to the roundup!
– More from people who aren’t at ALL sure about this whole haunted house thing: Inside the Magic sent some timid souls to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights. I feel ya, boys.
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW isn’t sold on runDisney’s Pasta in the Park Party. Might be worth a try someday, just to see…
– Just starting your runDisney journey? The DisBroads will walk you through it.
– Margaritas, Miles, and the Mouse talks about the runDisney corral system.
– Pink Elephant on Parade has thoughts on running in a tutu.
– We Run Disney has tapering advice – Lord knows I could use it…
– The Disney Food Blog reviews the new cake cups in Fantasyland. Basically it is a cup of frosting. Basically I need it.
– Disney Tourist Blogs says nice things about my beloved Animal Kingdom. I SAID I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!