Last week my boss was all excited because her daughter’s wings had come in for her Halloween costume. Her daughter is going to be the… Halloween… Fairy… something? Apparently it’s a book? Anyway, my boss had them shipped to work, so she showed us: perfect, Tink-style fairy wings, only orange-y yellow.
Half-joking, I declared that I would have to borrow them for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon, and she replied with an enthusiastic YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THAT! So I now have wings, if I want them, and my boss reliably informs me that the wings would be the perfect color for a resident of Pixie Hollow known as Iridessa. I’m taking her word for it.
Training! Last Sunday I ran the Annapolis Run for the Light House Half, so I only had two runs last week. They were not inspired but they went fine. There was one thing I wanted to mention, though… what was it… oh yes:
Dear Leasing Office,
FIX THE TREADMILLS. THEY ARE NOW BOTH BROKEN. IF YOU DO NOT FIX THEM POST-HASTE, I WILL DO NOTHING IMMEDIATELY. I WILL BIDE MY TIME. BUT WHEN THE ALIENS COME, I’M VOLUNTEERING YOU AS GUINEA PIGS FOR THEIR OTHERWORLDLY EXPERIMENTATION.
Yours until the final frontier,
– Create a perfect race costume with Just Me and My Running Shoes.
– Fantastic fitsperation from Prairie Princess Runners!
– Carrots ‘n Cake helps us tackle that long run.
– We Run Disney acknowledges – and conquers – the fear of group running.
– Headed for a night race? MousePlanet has tips for tackling runDisney night races, but a lot of advice is applicable to night racing generally.
– As a DC denizen, I have to share this Theme Park Insider post on the Disney/Obamacare/shutdown connection.
– And finally, the Disney Hipsters go to Hershey Park. YOU’LL NEVER GUESS WHERE I WAS ON SATURDAY. More later this week!
Don’t forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn’s dailymile here and Moon’s dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!