JENN: How’d your training go this week?
MOON: The last part of the week was good! I fiiiiinally have some new music!
MOON: Nothing motivates me more than a good jam. How was yours?
JENN: Okay. I ran outside exclusively this week. The first run went well, but the humidity was so high the next two days that I felt awful.
MOON: Awww. There was one BEAUTIFUL morning last week (of course I didn’t have time to run that morning), but the rest were pretty terrible. 🙁
JENN: I did do four half walking/half running miles while my boyfriend skateboarded with me. Not fast, but kinda fun.
MOON: Oh, that’s fun! At least you had some company. 🙂
JENN: Indeed. Also, I have a story about him that I’m going to tell here because it concerns Walt Disney World.
MOON: Ha, fire away
JENN: Apparently his family went to WDW when he was three and his brother was five. His brother was tall enough for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but he wasn’t, and this made him SO ANGRY that his dad had to take him away and bribe him with ice cream.
My question: “Did the ice cream actually placate you, or were you just sulking into the cup?”
His answer: “Oh, I was sulking into the cup. The ice cream was not enough to make up for the fact that they let my brother on the ride but not me.”
To the parents of the world: your ice cream bribes are buying you NOTHING.
|Artist’s rendering. (source)|
MOON: And did you inform him that he missed absolutely nothing but terror?
JENN: Haha, no. He rode it when he was older and he was fine. You’re the only one on earth who finds that ride terrifying. Well, except for my mom, but that’s only because the ride stopped briefly and she spent the rest of the experience convinced we were going to derail.
MOON: Derailment is not as bad as death.
JENN: But you’re still alive!
MOON: For now.
JENN: Well, I guess we’d better head to the roundup before she keels over.
– We Run Disney conquers race day anxiety.
– Back to Square Zero contemplates Race Face.
– Running at Disney counsels NOT running yourself into the ground.
– Running Toward the Prize looks at runDisney from a princessless angle.
– Will Run for Ears longs for the good old days when runDisney races didn’t sell out in ten seconds.
– Run Walk Fastpass Repeat has ways to get FASTER.
– At last, a nutrition article that speaks to me: Active.com believe that runners shouldn’t diet.
– DO YOU FEEL THAT? That’s the sound of the Food & Wine Festival galloping this way. Prep with overviews from The Disney Tourist Blog, Beers & Ears, and Eating WDW.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!
I made the roundup! AWESOME! btw, is that image from Robin Hood? Going with the classics, nice!
It is! I know it's not considered one of Disney's better offerings, but I always liked it. Shout out for Phil Harris!