Marine Corps Marathon is getting close, guys! Knocked out one more long run last week before the big show.
Sunday | rest
Monday | ran 15.11 miles on the treadmill in 2:35
I had off for Columbus Day so I took advantage of the extra time afforded me.
Tuesday | walked 2.11 miles outside in 35 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Wednesday | ran 5.28 miles on the treadmill in 60 minutes
Thursday | walked 2.1 miles outside in 35 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 6.09 on the treadmill miles in 1:05
Saturday | rest
Walked a bunch around the Maryland Renaissance Festival, though! Lots of food and mead and people in elaborate costumes. Asked Pat for a baked sweet potato and he brought me a sweet potato tart a la mode. Boys.
Now I’m in the throes of tapering and prep. Visions of Swedish Fish and sports drinks dance in my head. I feel good – strong. Not injured (knock on wood). New sneakers ready. Only thing bumming me out is that most people are having their Halloween parties the Saturday before, which is the night before the race. 🙁 Everyone save me some candy!
In exchange, enjoy this roundup.
– Elbowglitter explains how races provide motivation.
– Running, Loving, Living dives into running injury prevention.
– Plus the Magic shares a Starbucks “You Are Here” WDW collection. Might need to pick some up myself… Not that I need more mugs but shhh.
– Disney Nerds speaks to an Epcot horticulture intern.
– Rolling with the Magic eats on through Epcot’s Italy pavilion.
– This Fairytale Life shares a pretty Minnie ears DIY.
– Disney In Your Day gives the Great Movie Ride an imaginary makeover.
– The Disney Hipsters try out DAK’s Wild Africa Trek.
– Disney Travel Babble shares an amazing Haunted Mansion bathroom makeover.
– The Disney Tourist Blog considers the wider implications of ride refurbishments.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!