Oh man. Post-marathon week. It’s a good week.
Sunday | rest day
I ate cookie cake.
|I only had half and even that was insane.|
Monday | rest day
Tuesday | SNOW DAY rest day
Normally I go to ballet on Tuesdays, but I’ll tell you right now: YOU DO NOT VOLUNTARILY GET ON THE DC BELTWAY IN THE SNOW/WHEN THERE’S BEEN SNOW/WHEN THERE WILL BE SNOW/WHEN SOMEONE HAS RECENTLY SAID SNOW. I very literally spent 7 hours on the Beltway last year because of a half inch of snow. It’s a long story, and needless to say not one I care to repeat.
Wednesday | walked 5.04 miles on the treadmill in 1:25
Because it was cold as hell outside.
Thursday | rest day
Remember that cold I almost, kinda, sorta had during the marathon? It hit me HARD. I was going to go to ballet but I figured the other students might not appreciate being coughed on.
Friday | rest day
St. Patrick’s Day! So we went to an Italian restaurant. (The line for our local Irish pub was around the block by 5pm, so.)
Saturday | rest day
Yeah. Extremely restive. Except for the bit about getting ANOTHER cold. It’s back to the grindstone this week, though – the Dark Side Half isn’t gonna train for itself!
The Twilight Bark:
– Back At Square Zero has the scoop on how you can snag a free NYC Marathon entry.
– Through Heather’s Looking Glass makes a super-cute Snow White race costume.
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW debates the merits of the Disneyland Hotel for a race.
– Disney In Your Day’s WDW attraction bracket is getting serious.
– Mouse on the Mind checks out Harambe’s community garden.
– This Fairytale Life checks out DCA’s Food & Wine Festival.
– WDW for Grownups sips WDW resort cocktails.
– Disney Travel Babble has an EPIC anniversary party inside the Universe of Energy.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!