Remember that time I waxed rhapsodic about the incredible week of rest that comes after the completion of a marathon? Turns out it’s not nearly as satisfying when you’ve been resting due to injury for weeks anyway.
This workout log could’ve been so gleeful. But instead it’s this.
Sunday | rest
Monday | rest
Tuesday | walked 2.16 miles outside in 35 minutes; 60 minute ballet class
Wednesday | walked 2.62 miles outside in 45 minutes; 40 minutes ab and arm workout
This tweaked my IT Band eeeeeeeeeeeeeever so slightly. Honestly, this thing is so SENSITIVE.
Thursday | 60 minute ballet class
Friday | 40 minutes arm and ab workout
I had planned to try another walk but injuries being what the are I decided to play it safe.
Saturday | rest, kinda
This was a rest day but according to my phone I walked over five miles – and I’m inclined to believe it because we traipsed all over DC. First to the Kennedy Center to see Book of Mormon, which was fun but not the slam dunk some call it.
And THEN we headed over to the new Wharf area for Primus at The Anthem, and my God that show was AMAZING. Primus isn’t even really my thing – Pat’s the huge fan among us – but they put on one hell of a production. It’s basically performance art but, like, not sucky. Highly recommended.
The good news is this week I think I can finally start to ease back in with some short runs (please pray for my IT Band). And the BETTER news is this: we’re now officially UNDER one month until my mom and I head to Walt Disney World! 😀 😀 😀
Roundup, take us out:
– From Dancing to Running and Just Me & My Running Shoes recount lessons learned from marathon training.
– Plus the Magic puts together an adorable Mary Poppins running costume.
– Parkeology bridges the unlikely gap between Ryan Gosling and the Haunted Mansion.
– Passport to Dreams Old & New ponders the history of background music.
– Disney Adulting rounds up ALL the Disney cats. Sgt. Tibbs!!!
– The Disney Tourist Blog puts together a WDW food report.
– Disney In Your Day considers whether it’s prudent to bring your dog to WDW. (Answer: yes. :D)
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!