It’s time! It’s time! The WDW Marathon is here at last!
After a tragic year off due to the pandemic, we are… still in a pandemic. Blast and damnation. But! This time around the race is not cancelled, because hooray vaccines + boosters!
Yes, yes, I know the COVID omicron variant thing threatens the proceedings. I must confess it gives me pause. However, as I do not expect to interact directly with any children, elders, or immunocompromised people in the near future, I have decided on an individual level that the potential rewards outweigh the risks. Famous last words, right?
Nevertheless, off I go, hand sanitizer and N95 mask in hand. Obviously this is a personal choice, and I encourage everyone to make their own decisions based on their own circumstances only. Be safe and smart. Oh, and if I see you in the parks with your mask down indoors, please know that I will yell at you. I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again.
Aside from shaming the inappropriately maskless, what else do I want to accomplish during this trip? Well…
MY WDW MARATHON WEEKEND TRIP TO-DOS
– Snag this month’s Gideon’s t-shirt. I won’t tell you what it is because I don’t want them to sell out. It’s awesome but don’t look it up, okay? At least not until Wednesday, when I am gone.
– I may also get one of those fancy parasols in Liberty Square? Lately I’ve been thinking a parasol might be just the weapon to combat the Puerto Rican sun.
– Try that weird beef tallow candle at Le Cellier. I’ve got the ADR, now I just need to order.
– See HarmonioUS again! I’ve been really digging the soundtrack, especially for running. (Disney Enchantment I can take or leave.)
– Take a bunch of pictures because I have an Instagram feed now and it’s constantly hungry.
– Speaking of which, maybe do a Get Ready with Me Instagram livestream on Tuesday morning when I’m flying solo? I thought it might be kinda fun to talk through my plans while I prep for the day.
– And of course: HAVE A SUPER FUN MARATHON!!!
Are you ready to run? I’m ready to run! Follow me on social (links below) for real time updates. LET’S GOOOOOOO
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!