Hello and welcome back to my Thoughts While Watching series, where I react in real time to Disney media old and new but mostly old! This next one is oldish – and I hope you’re hungry. It’s time to dive into another “Unwrapped” episode and Disney snacks!
I gave the first Disney “Unwrapped” episode, simply titled “Walt Disney World,” the TWW treatment just under a year ago. I think it’s from like 2005, which is just outdated enough to be a good time. The subsequent “Disney Delights” episode came out 5 years later, which makes it… also pretty outdated. That’s what makes it fun!
“Disney Delights” is also half the length of the original WDW episode, which make it perfect fodder for your lunch break in more ways than one. Click play and let’s get to the color commentary, shall we?
12 Thoughts I had While Watching Unwrapped: Disney Delights
1. I still don’t think I’ve ever had a Mickey bar. Frozen bananas are where it’s at!
2. Bakery chefs work 20 hours a day? No wonder there’s a worker shortage; that’s a lot of shifts to fill.
3. A cake room?! I want to go to there.
4. Thank you, Marc Summers, I DO walk really fast.
5. Huh, I actually didn’t know that Epcot’s ambassador CM program extended to all the chefs.
6. Oh, so this episode is Miyuke years old. Japanese candy, I show you how to make! Man, I wonder what she’s up to.
7. If I ever DO eat a Mickey bar, I’m doing it from the bottom up. Out of SPITE.
8. Nice hot pink fake ponytail, kid. Somebody’s been to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
9. Is that how you pronounce Akershus? Marc said “Ah-riel” so I’m not sure I can trust him.
10. Forget creating my own treat – GIVE ME THE GOOFY GUMMY WORMS.
11. There are entirely too many children at Walt Disney World.
12. Okay, who among my readers has a Club 33 membership and loves me enough to take me?
Wow, that was a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it episode. A shallow dive, if you will. I feel almost cheated. Also I want a snack. Is it November yet?
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!