Just me for the week in review this time around – Moon and I were at a wedding for much of the weekend and then there was Easter and basically we just haven’t had time to chat. Well. We had time to chat. But it was about other things.
|Sample conversation topic: This vineyard makes great Malbec!|
Here’s a general wedding anecdote you might enjoy: several years ago I informed my dad, in a purely hypothetical manner, that if I ever married I would want to elope because I don’t want people to stare at me for hours on end. Despite the fact that I was single and furthermore used the word “if” my dad went into an unexpected panic and jumped straight to a bribe: would I promise not to elope if he paid for a wedding at Walt Disney World?
I’m still saying “if” and I still think eloping would be the most painless way to wed, but it’s nice to have that in my back pocket.
Anyway. Really quick: running. That’s one of the main points of this blog, right? Running. I was in recovery mode from the HILLLLLLLS of the Marine Corps 17.75K, so I mostly went on long walks. But I did run once, and it was a solid sixteen miles, so that counts for something, right? It didn’t even make me want to kill myself! (Except for the first two miles when I tried to run outside. The pollen count proved to be too high for my lungs. I will regroup and try again later.)
Okay, that’s all for now. Go talk to these guys instead:
– Find the perfect running shoe with Fairytales and Fitness.
– Nail increasingly competitive runDisney registration with these tips from Margaritas, Miles, and the Mouse.
– Running Toward the Prize considers the psychology of DNF.
– If you’re headed to the DC Nike Women’s Half, Pink Elephant on Parade has some advice for you. (Step one: Give me your bib. 😉
– Wondering where you’ve seen that guy from the Soarin’ preshow before? Theme Park Insider has the scoop on Disney park celebrity cameos.
– Disney With Me assembles a dream Disney vacation checklist.
– Inside the Magic introduces Anna and Elsa to Patrick Stewart. As it should be.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!