Longtime readers of this blog know that there was a time when I abhorred running outside, clinging to the blessed safety and climate-control of the treadmill. Eventually I conceded that running outside was probably good practice for, y’know, races, which tend to be – wait for it – outside, but winter was definitely spent in the gym.
And then, THE UNSPEAKABLE. My gym closed. I transitioned to running outside 90% of the time… and I didn’t hate it. Then I came to rather like it. Now I consider it my norm.
That being said: you can take the girl off the treadmill, but you can’t take the treadmill off the girl. Last week questionable weather led me to complete my pre-marathon 17 mile training run on the treadmill, and it was fabulous. The music! The TV! The readily accessible water and bathrooms!
Oh, friends who despise the “dreadmill” – open your hearts and give it a chance. It’s not a replacement; it’s a tool!
Treadmill warning on this workout recap:
Sunday | ran 7.2 miles outside in 1:15
Monday | walked 2.13 miles outside in 35 minutes; 55 minute ballet class
Tuesday | ran 5.09 miles outside in 55 minutes
Wednesday | ran 3.11 miles outside in 30 minutes
Thursday | walked 2.36 miles outside in 40 minutes; 55 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 17.14 miles on the treadmill in 2:50
Saturday | rest
But I did walk downtown to go wedding dress shopping! Obviously I’m not gonna share the winner, but here are some rejects because who doesn’t like looking at pretty dresses? TLC’s Saturday Say Yes to the Dress marathon is a VITAL part of my pre-race ritual.
I also like pretty blogs; here’s the roundup:
– Elbowglitter is baffled by race cheaters.
– easyWDW has a podcast! Do you think it’ll be acerbic? I don’t.
– The Main Street Gazette lauds Toy Story Midway Mania’s potential for flexibility.
– Speaking of, Disney Every Day can help you top out your TSMM score!
– Mouse On The Mind welcomes the Year of the Pig with Disney pigs.
– EPBOT bids a special adieu to Epcot’s IllumiNations.
– Disney In Your Day teaches us how to make my beloved Lighthouse Sandwich from Columbia Harbour House.
– My Glass Sneaker snags a cabana at Castaway Cay.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!