JENN: So how was the whole running thing last week?
MOON: Pretty gooooood. A rather boring week, but things are steady. How goes the marathon prep?!
JENN: Okay. Since I somehow busted my hip last week, I walked most of my training – over 14 miles of it, in fact. But I did run a ten miler on Thursday and my hip was fine, so I think it’ll be okay. This week is serious taper mode; the Marine Corps Marathon is THIS SUNDAY. I SAID THIS SUNDAY. I’m scared!
MOON: Don’t be! You’ll do just fine. 🙂
JENN: Ee, I hope so. I think I can do it? OR I COULD DIE. Not that that’s any excuse.
MOON: Take your time and hope to the weather gods that it’s not freezing. 😛
JENN: Right now the forecast is a high of 69 and sunny with 9 mph winds. I think I’d be okay with that.
MOON: That’s not too bad! What time does it start?
JENN: I wanna say 8AM? I’ll be double/triple/quadruple/quintuple checking that over the course of the week, naturally.
MOON: Sweeeeeet, not too early.
JENN: I’ll be texting you the whole time. CLEARLY.
MOON: Haha, I should be awake. I will try my best to keep you amused while running!
Also amusing – the roundup!
– Running, Loving, Living ponders the long run.
– Run Eat Repeat offers post-marathon tips and specifically Marine Corps Marathon tips.
– Pink Elephant on Parade has Marine Corps Marathons suggestions for both runners and cheerleaders.
– Will Run for Ears points out that runners can be their own worst enemies.
– Look ahead to the Wine & Dine Half with Just Me and My Running Shoes.
– Mouse on the Mind figures out a Haunted Mansion whodunit.
– Parkeology looks in the windows to the souls… of rides.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!