THIS GIRL! Me! I have two thumbs, the COVID booster shot, and I’m going to WDW this weekend!!!
To be honest, this Walt Disney World trip is stressing me out a teensy bit. I almost wrote a post about it – the COVID, and the Genie+, the Lightning Lanes, etc. etc. I thought maybe we could commiserate a bit. But then I thought, y’know, I’m not telling anyone anything they don’t already know, so I deleted the post draft. All the same, I’m still a little anxious.
But not very anxious, because ultimately, I’m going to Walt Disney World. A bad day at WDW beats a good day in the office, right? And at least without FastPasses the trip gets a lot more flexible. And I always say I learn best by doing.
So with all that in mind, here is my modest list of goals for this trip:
– Step 1: Wake up on time for my race. Always first priority.
– Bask in some milder weather than Puerto Rico! In fact, the highs are in the low 70s at the beginning of the week; I’ve even made some last-minute changes to my trip wardrobe (tagging you in, Mouse jeans).
– Tequila tasting at La Cava!
– Get Pat on Splash Mountain one more time before the Tiana-fication.
– Also! Get Pat on Rise of the Resistance for the first time. If that means paying for Lightning Lane, FINE. But only this once.
– Oh, man, he hasn’t done Flight of Passage either! It’s been awhile.
– MAYBE shoot for a spot in the lounge at Space 220. Probably not, because I hear the lines are unthinkably long. But a girl can dream.
– Two words: Gideon’s. Bakehouse.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!