Is Carol Anne so wisely said in Poltergeist: THEY’RE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE.
|Do Spanish-speaking families receive a box that says ‘increible’?|
Hello, precious. Hello.
I got home from ballet last night, saw the box on the kitchen counter, and squeaked to such a tremendous degree that my roommate came in to find out what was inside. And then she humored me admirably when I showed her my plastic bracelets.
But guys, seriously – I am SO EXCITED because that means MY DAY IS COMING. Twenty-seven days. Twenty-seven days until I am showing my mom around Walt Disney World!
And in honor of this trip, my mother’s first foray into this largely unknown world since 1998, I burned her two CDs. One is the amazing Julie Andrews Selects Her Favorite Disney Songs, because that had a lot of songs from movies from my mom’s childhood and also Julie Andrews is the greatest human being who ever lived. (Find that one on Amazon here.)
The other is a mixed CD of music that I think will be relevant to the theme park experience. None of the ride or show soundtracks, mind you, because as much as they make me nostalgically happy, I think it’s best to experience them fresh for the first time in the parks. Instead, this burned CD features music that pops up a lot in those soundtracks, things you’ll hear in Wishes or Fantasmic or Festival of the Lion King. Basically it’s everything I ever watched when I was a kid, so she knows most of these songs too; I’m just giving her a refresher. Here’s what I’ve got:
- “Beauty and the Beast” from – wait for it – Beauty and the Beast
- “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid
- “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid
- “Kiss the Girl” from The Little Mermaid
- “Poor Unfortunate Souls” from The Little Mermaid
- “A Whole New World” from Aladdin
- “Go the Distance” from Hercules
- “The Circle of Life” from The Lion King
- “Be Prepared” from The Lion King
- “Hakuna Matata” from The Lion King
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” from The Lion King
- “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” from my beloved Mulan
- “Just Around the Riverbend” from Pocahontas
- “Savages” from Pocahontas
- “The Bells of Notre Dame” from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Well, whaddya think? Did I leave out anything vital to the proper Disney park experience?