JENN: Once again, apologies for the late week in review – I just got back from Puerto Rico (more on this later).
So, how’s the running thing?
MOON: Well, last week wasn’t so good. I hurt my back and then had a bit of a downer week. I spent a lot of time with the cat.
Are you back to running yet?
JENN: Not quite. My foot is really, truly ALMOST HEALED – I can put my full weight on it and then rise on my toes and everything! But it still feels a little sore occasionally so I’m waiting until the end of the week to try running.
In the meantime I’ve spent the last two weeks on the elliptical. The elliptical used to be my go-to machine, and now, for the life of me, I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY. It feels totally boring and ineffectual.
|Cause: too much elliptical machine.|
MOON: I can make the elliptical work for me, but I feel like my entire body gets a better work out if I run.
JENN: I’m just not as tired afterward. Also, did I mention that it’s BORING? SO boring. I can’t zone the way I can when I run. Oh well. I’ll be back to it soon!
MOON: Haha, I usually read on the elliptical, it’s the only way I can stay on it for longer than 10 minutes.
JENN: I kinda need music or else I slow down too much. My boyfriend just introduced me to J. Roddy Walston and the Business so I’ve been listening to that to keep things moving at a reasonable clip. Can’t wait to run to it!
JENN: Let’s see, what else? Oh, yeah – roundup!
– Will Run for Ears uses a poor run as a learning experience. Been there, my friend. Been there.
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW explains how to pack for a multi-race experience.
– Fairytales and Fitness performs a wonky runny shoe investigation.
– This Happy Place recaps the pros and cons of our November WDW trip.
– Mouse on the Mind has a super-cute Disney holiday wish list.
– Rolling with the Magic rounds up your Epcot holiday options.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!