Oh, week in review, why must you remind me that just last week I was in Walt Disney World? Getting hit by a wave of premature nostalgia in three… two…
Sunday | Wine & Dine Half Marathon; walked around WDW
My phone seems to think I walked a good 11+ plus miles in addition to the race, but I am inclined to consider it an unreliable narrator.
Monday | walked around WDW
According to the phone: 10.7 miles walked. I had planned to run around Hourglass Lake that morning for the fun of it, but I was way too tired to even consider such craziness.
Tuesday | walked 2.29 miles outside in 40 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Wednesday | rest
I was going to run, but I was experiencing some residual soreness and elected to skip it. It goes against the grain, but I want to try this new thing where I don’t injure myself over the winter. So far so good; we’ll see how it goes.
Thursday | walked 2.28 miles in 40 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 5.24 miles on the treadmill in 60 minutes
First training run since before MCM. It was weird.
Saturday | rest
And now we are once more unto the breach, dear friends: training begins anew for the WDW Marathon. Challenge: don’t get hurt and don’t get bored.
|Look, you keep morale up your way and I’ll do my way.|
– It’s A Marathon AND A Sprint offers advice on having your Best Race Ever.
– Just Me & My Running Shoes provides a gift list for your runner buddies. Anyone want to get me a GPS watch with a battery that doesn’t blow?
– Fairytales & Fitness ran the Wine & Dine Half too!
– Disney In Your Day points out the importance of having a Disney Visa. Way ahead of you, sister.
– An Open Suitcase proves that spontaneous magic really does live in WDW.
– Davelandblog rustles up a nifty vintage image of the Tom Sawyer Island map.
– EPBOT offers a retrospective of Dapper Day at Epcot.
– The Disney Hipsters turn their focus to the super adorable restroom signs of Splash Mountain.
– The Disney Tourist Blog has thoughts on the Studios’ new Christmas show.
– Through Heather’s Looking Glass documents a little girl’s first trip to WDW.
P.S. Happy birthday, Mom!
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!