Gotta start getting used to these outdoor runs, since I’m losing my gym.
Sunday | rest
Post-ZOOMA Half chill time.
Monday | walked 2.1 miles outside in 35 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Tuesday | ran 11.11 miles outside in 2:00
Probably I shouldn’t’ve done this so soon after ZOOMA, but it was such a lovely day for a run I couldn’t resist.
Wednesday | walked 3 miles outside in 50 minutes
Thursday | walked 2.13 miles outside in 35 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 6.23 miles on the treadmill in 1:05
Saturday | rest
Walked a LOT, though; Pat and I went into DC to see the New York City Ballet at the Kennedy Center, among other things. Hooray ballet!
Although I continue to largely stick to my off the cuff race plan, I did sign up for another race this week – the Across the Bay 10K. I’ve wanted to do this race for years now, but it’s always the same weekend as the Wine & Dine Half.
Whelp, for the first time in 3 years there’s no W&D for me, so I’m open! And when a friend asked if I wanted to run it, I couldn’t resist. I did buy race insurance, though, which is unusual for me, but with my schedule being so uncertain I think it’s worth it for the peace of mind.
Bonus: through combined peer pressure, I have successfully convinced Elizabeth to run it too! It will be her first 10K ever, so of course I’m going to pester her to blog about it.
Anyway. The Twilight Bark!
– Fairytales & Fitness offers a peek inside Runner’s World headquarters.
– Back At Square Zero fights the good fight against the menace that is runger.
– Elbowglitter leaps off a boat in the name of triathlon glory and I am almost tempted to try one myself. (Almost.)
– easyWDW thoroughly reviews Kona Cafe’s new offerings and now I’m kicking myself for not bringing Pat there. They have loco moco and everything!!
– The Main Street Gazette visits the Nomad Lounge. Home of my own drink!
– The Disney Tourist Blog asks: is Disneyland Paris right for you? (Not as right as Tokyo Disneyland, I’m betting.)
– This Fairytale Life assembles a list of Mickey ears that LIGHT UP.
– WDW for Grownups taste tests Homecomin(g)(‘) in Disney Springs.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!